Design, Manufacture, Supply, Maintenance and Repair of Engineering Components
- Axle-Mounted Shaft Encoders that provide input signals to the propulsion system
- Bogie Odometers that provide distance-travelled information to the maintenance staff
- Data Loggers on motor coaches
- Train Destination Indicators (has been prototyped)
- Voltage Regulator for the motor generators and motor alternators (has been prototyped)
- Prototyping new propulsion system for PRASA 5M2 motor coaches
- Glova Rail (Denmark) Vacuum-on-Demand Toilets
- Real-time Asset Tracking System
- Introduction of Shunting Locomotives up to 60-tonne mass to the product range
Modernisation of Rolling Stock
- Conversion of Motor Coaches to latest traction convertor and auxiliary power technology
- Introduction of Diesel Multiple Units to the local rail industry
- Conversion of Pantographs from copper to carbon collector strips
After Sales Support & Maintenance
- User Training and Support
- Support and Maintenance on equipment
- Tracking of New Modifications under test
Supply of rail rolling stock spares and components
- Bakara is able to source and supply spares and components for the older-generation locomotives.
Products, Solutions and Services
- Bakara has a strong
Design office that is in
partnership with Research and Development (R&D), led by our Engineering Manager.
- To date, we have modernised a number of products and pride ourselves with the ability to proactively look at innovative ways to improve products, or to develop new products.
- Though our grounding is in Rail Engineering, our capability cuts across all industries that require engineering solutions from product, design, manufacturing and service/consulting perspectives.